You can optimize your chances of selling quickly by taking care of your home prep work before you’re ready to list.
- Remove toys, equipment, and clutter from the yard.
- Repair/replace damaged shingles.
- Repair/replace light fixtures, doorbell, and doorknobs.
- Fix broken windows, shutters, and torn screens.
- Clean/repair gutters and HVAC units.
- Clean or paint the front door and mailbox..
- Power wash the exterior, especially around entrances..
- Wash windows.
- Mow lawn, trim bushes and shrubs, weed garden, and add potted plants for color.
- Sweep or shovel walkway and driveway.
- Store, sell, or donate any items you no longer need, like clothing, toys, knickknacks, furniture, appliances, books, games, etc.
- Fix loose doorknobs, leaky faucets, cracked molding, etc
- Replace or repair broken doorknobs, cabinets, light fixtures, outlets, faucets, and vent covers.
- Clean and organize closets
- Refresh rooms with a new coat of paint.
- Shampoo carpet and replace, if needed.
- Wash all windows, frames, and sills.
- Open all window shades to create space and let in light.
- Store pet supplies and pet dishes..
- Add an air freshener plug-in in each room.